Niagara Falls height is 51 m (167.3228 ft).
Meters: 51 m
Feet: 167.3228 ft
Inches: 2007.874 in
Kilometers: 0.051 km
Miles: 0.03168993 mi
About Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is one of the most popular waterfalls on earth. It is made up of three smaller waterfalls- the Horseshoe Falls, American Falls, and the Bridal Veil Falls. The Niagara Falls is located on the border of Ontario, Canada, and New York, United States. Its location coordinates are 43.0799°N 79.0747°W. The average flow rate of the Niagara Falls is 85,000 cu ft/s (2,400 m3/s).
Asides Niagara Falls height of 51 m (167.3228 ft), below are some other facts.
- The Niagara Falls is used to generate hydroelectricity.
- It is made up of three waterfalls.
- The Niagara Falls source is the Niagara river.
- The falls has the Welland Canal, where large ships can pass through.
- The Niagara Falls has also been a place for daredevils. The falls have recorded people jumping over the falls, and people walking on a tightrope over the falls.
- About 20 million people visit the Niagara falls yearly, from the Canadian side.
- On the American side of the waterfalls, the Prospect Point Observation Tower is located.
- Maria Spelterini is the only female daredevil to cross the Niagara falls on a tightrope.
- Sam Patch, was the first person to jump into the falls and survive.
- The Rainbow Bridge and the Whirlpool Rapids Bridge, go over the Niagara Falls and connect America to Canada.
- On March 29, 1848, the Niagara Fall froze over.