Leaning Tower of Pisa height is 55.86 m (low side), or 56.67 m (high side).
Meters: 55.86 m (low side), 56.67 m (high side)
Feet: 183.2677 ft (low side), 185.9252 ft (high side)
Inches: 2199.213 in (low side), 2231.102 in (high side)
Kilometers: 0.05586 km (low side), 0.05667 km (high side)
Miles: 0.03470979 mi (low side), 0.03521311 mi (high side)
Location / Country
The Leaning Tower of Pisa also known as the Bell Tower of Pisa, or Tower of Pisa, is a bell tower located in City of Pisa, Italy. Also, the tower is a popular site for tourists, around the world. Furthermore, the Tower is located in Pisa, Italy. Its coordinates are 43°43′23″N10°23′47″E. Finally, Tourist creates a popular optical illusion with the towers. As such, they take pictures that appear as if they are holding up the tower.
Asides the Leaning Tower of Pisa height of 55.86 m (low side), or 56.67 m (high side), below are some facts.
- The outer diameter of the base of the tower is 15.484 meters. and the estimated total weight of the tower is 14,700 metric tons.
- Also, the bases inner diameter of the tower is 7.368 meters.
- Furthermore, the Leaning Tower of Pisa has 7 bells installed on it.
- Construction began in 1173, and the tower was completed in 1372.
- In 1987, it was included in the list of places, in the UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Construction of the tower took almost 199 years.
- The tower was declared stable for the first time in its history in May 2008.
- It had been stabilized to stop tilting towards the ground.
- The tower is a roman catholic building.
- The leaning tower of Pisa has two hundred and ninety-four (294), or two hundred and ninety-six (296) steps.