KRDK-TV mast height is 628 m (2060.367 ft).
Meters: 628 m
Feet: 2060.367 ft
Inches: 24724.41 in
Kilometers: 0.628 km
Miles: 0.3902211 mi
About KRDK-TV mast
The KRDK TV mast also known as KXJB-TV mast is a television mast located in North Dakota, United States, and is the fifth tallest structure on earth. Its television signals cover an area of 1000 square kilometers. Also, the KRDK TV mast is located in Traill County, North Dakota, United States and its coordinates are 47°16′45″N 97°20′26″W. Furthermore, the Mast has fallen twice. On February 14, 1968, it fell when marine helicopter blades slashed through the wires holding up the mast, creating a fatal accident, it was repaired four and a half months later in 1968. It fell again on April 6, 1997, when a severe ice storm hit it. Then on July 10, 1977. It then fell down for the third time on
Asides the KRDK-TV mast height of 628 m (2060.367 ft), below are some facts:
- It is one of the tallest man made structures on earth. Standing at 628 meters, it is taller than both China Zun and Taipei 101, who are just 528 meters and 509 meters respectively.
- The KRDK mast has fallen and been repaired twice.
- The mast can be seen from even one mile away.
- KRDK-TV is one of the tallest man-made structures in the United States. In fact, it is officially the fifth tallest structure in the world.
- Construction of the mast started and was completed in 1966.
- It is owned by Major Market Broadcasting.
- Its transmission signal is at 100 kW.