Kalandula Falls height is 105 m (344.4882 ft).
Meters: 105 m
Inches: 4133.858 in
Feet: 344.4882 ft
Kilometers: 0.105 km
Miles: 0.06524398 mi
About Kalandula Falls
Kalandula Falls are massive waterfalls located in Angola that has its origin and life from the Lucala River. Formerly, it was known as the Duque de Braganca falls. Also, the waterfalls can be accessed from Luanda and is 360 km from there and it is one of the largest waterfalls by volume in Africa. Furthermore, it is located in the municipality of Kalandula, Malanje Province, Angola, and its coordinates are 9°4′33″S 16°0′12″E. Finally, the Kalandula Falls is one of Africa’s biggest waterfalls by volume, since it is very wide. The falls is actually 400 meters (1,300 feet) wide with million liters of water, flowing off the cliffs yearly.
Asides Kalandula Falls height of 105 m (344.4882 ft), below are some facts:
- Local where Kalandula Falls is located call the dry season Kacimbo.
- Kalandula Falls is also very wide. It’s width is 400 meters (1,300 feet) wide.
- Water flows from all sides down, forming the Kalandula falls.
- It is advised to visit the falls during the dry season.
- The locals also break and use the rocks in the waterfalls region. The site also serves as an important quarry to the locals, providing jobs for them.
- The falls were formed by the Lucala River.
- The falls due to erosion over millions of years have created a canyon, where visitors can stay on the sides and admire the waterfalls below.